No added sugar CARROT CAKE! We used dates for sweetness and maybe a little sweet potato 🙂 You should REALLY give this a try!!!
Raw Carrot Cake (print here )
Makes 8 muffin cakes
1 cup cashews (soaked for 2-3 hours in warm water)
1/4 cup coconut cream*
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1) Add almonds to food processor and blend just until chopped but not powdered
2) Add in dates and blend until a paste has formed
3) Add in sweet potato, shredded carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut oil and blend until well combined
4) Spoon into silicone muffin cups** and place in the refrigerator
5) To make the top add coconut cream and cashews to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little water if it doesn’t blend
6) Top the carrot mixture with the cashew cream and place back into refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy
*Coconut cream is the thick part in the can of full-fat coconut milk before you mix it up.
**You will want to put these in something that you can eat out of. Little mason jars will work well too. They will not be solid.
Remember to eat pure and simple 🙂