Super bowl weekend is here! Which means I will be doing a roundup of snacks and side dishes you can make!!! But today I decided to share these buckwheat bars!! My mom used to make these bars with grape nuts, peanut butter and honey but I didn’t really want to buy grape nuts becuse I don’t actually trust cereal brands😬 so I decided to make them with buckwheat and they turned out great!! Buckwheat is naturally gluten free and, if soaked, is low in physic acid so it’s more easily digested!!
Buckwheat Peanut Butter Bars
makes 10-12 Bars
1 cup buckwheat groats
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp. Honey
1/4 tsp salt
1. So you can either soak the groats overnight in water and then roast them in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes or use the groats right out of the bag (I recommend soaking them though, better digestion!)
2. Add the peanut butter and honey to a sauce pan. Warm until mixture is combined
3. Add salt and buckwheat and stir until completely covered
4. Pour out onto a parchment lined pan
5. Smooth and shape into a rectangle and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Cut into 10-12 bars!