Christmas is one week away!!❄️ Gingerbread is one of our favorite flavors! I think we should have it more than just this time of year😉 But it mostly comes in the forms or bread or cookies. Well if you love gingerbread try it from a jar! With a molasses and ginger crust and a creamy cashew top👌🏼 It’s delcious and can be sweetened by just dates!! It’s no bake too!
Gingerbread in a Jar
1 cup walnuts
1 tbsp. molasses
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ginger
1 ¾ cup cashews
½ -2 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
- Soak the dates in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes. Remove from water but do not discard
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until ground then add the dates, molasses, cinnamon, ginger and a pinch of salt. Pulse until well combined
- Divide the crust between glass jars (if you have 4 oz mason jars those would be perfect! We only have 8 oz jars so I just used those and some other glass containers)
- In a blender or food processor (I just used the same one the crust was in), add the cashews, the water used to soak the dates, ghee (or coconut oil), vanilla, salt and as much maple syrup as you prefer. Blend until smooth
- Add on top of crust, sprinkle with cinnamon and place into fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.