Christmas and New Years is coming up😱 crazy right? But now you don’t have to worry about dessert because you’re gonna make this right😜 It’s pretty delicious with a fudgey, velvety filling and a paleo seed crust👌🏼 AND this is my very first pie I’ve ever made!! The filling is totally made with sweet potatoes btw
Sweet Potato Chocolate Pie (print here)
½ cup pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp nut butter
½ cup arrowroot powder
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
2 cups baked sweet potato
¼ cup milk of choice
½ cup maple syrup*
¼ cup cacao powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- In food processer, add pumpkin seeds and pulse until powdery and before they turn into butter. Add the nut butter, cinnamon, salt, arrowroot powder and 1/4 cup water. Pulse until smooth, add the two tbsp of water if needed
- Grease a pie pan with ghee or coconut oil. Add the crust mixture to the pan (it will be very sticky). Dip your fingers into a glass of water and spread the mixture to the edges (this prevents your hands from sticking to the mixture). Try to make it so it’s slightly thinner in the middle.
- Place into oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and add to food processor or blender along with the milk. Pulse until the potato is almost smooth with some large lumps. Add the maple syrup*, cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until completely smooth and creamy.
- Pour over crust and smooth with a spatula
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, then let cool completely and place in the fridge until ready to eat!
*If you like it less sweet, do ¼ cup maple syrup (that’s what we did)