I saw flax crackers also called “flackers” in a store and I thought they were a good sub for people that don’t eat grains/are gluten free!! So of course I had to try to make them myself!! They are actually super easy to make and less expensive then buying them👍🏼 Flax also has some very good benefits that you can read about here
1 cup flax, ground
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. poppy seeds
½ cup water
1 handful spinach
¼ tsp. salt
- Blend together spinach and water.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flax and spinach mixture and let sit for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Once the mixture is kind of gelly add garlic powder, onion powder, poppy seeds and salt. Mix well. Add sesame seeds and mix until incorporated.
- Press down on a parchment-lined pan, make into a thin square. Using a butter knife, carefully cut the paste into medium sized squares.
- Place into oven for 25-30 minutes or into crispy on the ends.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes and the break apart into crackers