Ok so lets talk… conventional soda from the store is filled with horrible ingredients and like 40 grams of sugar😒 Who wants to drink a can of artificial colors, preservatives, sugar and/or sugar substitutes (the WORST🤢). Hopefully no one reading this. But you don’t have to miss out on the fun carbonated drinks!!! I decided to make a lavender syrup and you could totally change up the lavender and make different flavors (ginger maybe?)! And all you gotta do is buy carbonated water and MIX IT UP!!!
Lavender Syrup (print here)
Makes about 1 cup of syrup
1 cup water
2-3 tbsp. dried lavender buds
½ cup honey
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil
- Reduce the heat, add lavender and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Strain water into a mason jar to remove the lavender
- Add back to the saucepan and add honey, stir until dissolved (the water should still be warm enough so no need to heat it again)
- Pour back into the mason jar and place in the fridge to cool completely
To make the Sodas:
Pour about 1 tablespoon of the lavender syrup into a glass. Pour 1 cup of soda water into cup and enjoy!