Tid Bit(e) Tuesday
Rhubarb is in season! YAY!!
- DIGESTION- Rhubarb has a large amount of dietary fiber (I actually learned that it is in fact a vegetable, which makes sense)
- ALZHEIMERS- Rhubarbs most prominent vitamin is vitamin K. Vitamin K helps to prevent the oxidation of brain cells and stimulate brain function (1)
- BONE HEALTH- Vitamin K is also an important component to repair and care of our bone structures
- BLOOD- Rhubarb contains a small amount of copper and iron. You only need a small amount of both of these minerals to simulate the production of red blood cells which increases oxygen throughout the body
- INFLAMMATION- Rhubarb has been used in to decrease inflammation in the body because of its anti-inflammatory properties