Tid Bit(e) Tuesday
why should you eat fennel?
- VITAMIN C- Fennel has almost half the recommended daily value of vitamin c per bulb! Which means a stronger immune system and healthier skin
- DIGESTION- Fennel has about 7 grams of fiber per serving! And it also was shown to stimulate the secretion of digestive juices for better digestion and absorption of nutrients (1)
- BAD BREATH- Fennel has a sort of licorice taste that improves your breath after eating 🙂
- VITAMINS- Also rich in potassium, zinc and manganese
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY- Fennel contains an oil called anethole, which is found to decrease inflammation and reduce the growth of some cancer cells (2) (3)