Tid Bit(e) Tuesday
Ok so not a lot of people probably know what a daikon radish is… I didn’t either until I saw a girl on Instagram buy it. Then I spotted it at the grocery store and decided to try it out!!! It is a asian radish that can be as big as 15 inches in length!! Now here is some of the benefits
- RESPIRATORY HEALTH- Daikon juice actually cleans out excess mucus and captures pathogens (1)
- DIGESTION- Daikon juice has very similar enzymes to the enzymes needed for digestion, one of them being amylase which is the enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates
- KIDNEY HEALTH- Promotes urination which helps clean out toxins and excess water
- INFLAMMATION- Daikon has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body!
- IMMUNITY- Good source of vitamin C (2)
- SKIN HEALTH- It has antioxidant benefits, which can help prevent wrinkles, increase circulation and even reduce the appearance of blemishes (3)
Have I convinced you to go buy one immediately??? Seriously trying new food is FUN!