Tid Bit(e) Tuesday
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Artichokes are filled with antioxidants!! These help fight free radicals which are an atom in your body with a pair of unshared electrons. These can be dangerous because they can do A LOT of damage in your body and can cause diseases and cancer (1). Also antioxidants are great for skin health!
- INFLAMMATION: Artichokes are known for fighting inflammation and improving blood flow
- IRON: One cup of artichoke has about 10% of your daily iron requirement.
- FIBER: There is a about 9 grams of fiber in one artichoke!!
- FOLIC ACID: Artichokes has a high level of folic acid which is important for pregnant women to prevent neural tube defects in new borns (2).
- BRAIN FUNCTION: They are rich in phosphorus. Phosphorus deficiencies have been linked to DECREASED cognitive function!! (3) This means your brain is not firing as fast as it should be which can cause mental fogginess and problems concentrating.
One thought on “WHY? Artichokes”
[…] why I decided to make some artichokes!! And they were actually quite tasty and also we got all the BENEFITS! And we totally dipped the leaves in our tahini […]