BUBBLE TEA!🍵 Its become quite popular, but if you don’t know what is it, it is a Korean/Japanese drink which includes tapioca boba (bubbles) and milk tea usually. This recipe is not like a traditional drink whatsoever haha but this was pretty easy to make and not a ton of sugar like normal bubble tea. The boba (tapioca bubbles) are usually soaked in a sugar syrup until use😶 Mine was definitely not as sweet (obviously) but I still loved it!! And your getting all the benefits of gelatin!
Bubble Tea (print here )
For the jello “boba”
2 tbsp gelatin powder (good, quality brand. We use Great Lakes)
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup coconut water
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pour warm water in an 8×8 pan (should be almost boiling)
- Pour gelatin powder over water, 1 tablespoon at a time while stirring
- Mix coconut water and maple syrup together and pour over gelatin
- Mix together very well, making sure all gelatin has been dissolved (took me about 1-2 minutes)
- Place in fridge for 1-2 hours
For the liquid
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1 tbsp. Matcha powder
1 tbsp honey (more if you like it sweet)
- Blend all ingredients together and place in fridge until jello is ready
- When jello is firm, cut into pieces small enough for your straw
- Place jello and matcha drink into a cup and enjoy!
This makes one serving of the matcha drink and a whole pan of jello, which I just cut up and placed in the fridge for later!
*I think this would also work well with my matcha jello! Recipe on the blog as well on a post called “Healthy Travel” Link