Ohh travel. It is so fun and filled with memories! But if you’re road tripping it gets hard to eat the things that make you feel your best. My sister and I are taking a 10 hour road trip for a weekend vacation and I just wanted to share ALL DA FOOD! During road trips, it can be very hard to not bored eat (ya feel me?) Theres nothing better to do so I guess I will just eat this whole bag of pretzels! (please don’t do that haha) I’ve picked out some different snacks that are good to have while traveling and they are very satiating , meaning it will be hard to over eat these snacks. Some of the snacks were bringing and I am sharing with you is sweet potato sliders and matcha jello! Cuz everyone needs to have some fun food on the road 🙂
Sweet potatoes are SOOOO GOOD! They are seriously such a comfort food for me and keep me very happy, which is important when your in a car for 10 HOURS!
Sweet Potato Sliders
1 large sweet potato
Salt and pepper
1. Cut sweet potato into slices, about 1/4 inch thick
2. Put about two tablespoons of coconut oil into a cast iron pan and let warm
3. Place the slices into the pan and cook until lightly browned, then flip and brown the other side
4. Remove from pan and add salt and pepper
Optional: Place slices in glass pan after you browned them and put in oven until cooked through (this makes the sweet potato soft which is how we prefer them)
Now for the Jello!!! Jello is a great way to get protein from gelatin which will make you feel more satisfied! But it is important to get a good brand. We use Great Lakes unflavored gelatin. Vital Proteins is also a great brand.
Matcha Jello (print here )
2 1/2 tbsp. unflavored gelatin powder (we use Great Lakes brand)
3 tsp. matcha powder
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 tbsp. maple syrup (add more if you like it sweeter)
1 cup and 1/4 cup water
- In a blender, add coconut milk, matcha powder, maple syrup and 1 cup water
- Blend until matcha is well combined
- Pour into a pot and heat on the stove until simmering
- While that’s heating add 1/4 cup cold water to an 8×8 pan.
- Add gelatin slowly to the pan and stir vigorously until gelatin has dissolved
- When the matcha mixture is simmering turn off the heat and pour into the 8×8 pan
- Stir until everything is combined
- Let set in the fridge for 2-3 hours
Hope you find these helpful. With travel and everything else, its all about eating pure and simple 🙂
Another travel snack coming tomorrow!