Car drives call for good snacks! These will keep you full and satisfied because they are filled with good healthy fats and protein! Definitely a good thing to have while driving or traveling! Try them out on your next trip and tell us what you think!
Fat Bombs (print here )
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
½ cup almonds, ground
1 tbsp. chia seeds
¼ cup almond butter
¼ cup coconut butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
2 scoops collagen peptides (or your preferred protein powder)
¼ cup full-fat coconut milk (can use regular coconut milk or almond milk)
(Optional) 2 tbsp. maple syrup or honey if you want it sweet
1) Place almonds in food processor and pulse until ground with small chunks.
2) In medium size bowl, combine shredded coconut flakes, chia seeds, ground almonds, protein powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3) Mix together melted coconut butter and almond butter. Then add to coconut mixture and stir until well combined. (Should be a crumbly mixture)
4) Add in coconut milk and stir. Mixture should be able to hold together, if not, add in more milk
5) Roll into balls and place in fridge
*Should be stored in fridge or cooler
Other essential travel foods are
1. water!!!! Drink lots of water it’s good for you
2. Vegetables. Cut up a whole BUNCH!! Good for snacking
3. Fruit. Cuz fruit is GOOD!!!
4. Larabars! I love larabars and they are great for you and if you’re traveling with young kids
5. Coconut water/La Croix. We know, we know, water gets boring after awhile
6. Beef Jerky. I love beef jerky and it’s a great way to get in some protein!
You want to bring snacks that you can eat and feel good about. But you don’t want to bring things that you will overeat. Bored eating is real and it’s a struggle!!!! Just remember these few tips and eat pure and simple 🙂