So now that you have that gnocchi made lets top with something good and good for you!! Cauliflower Sauce is one of my FAVS! It’s a creamy, comfort sauce 🙂 Plus we added in nutritional yeast to make it kinda taste like an Alfredo sauce (but dairy free!) Now go top that gnocchi! Or, something else we love, ZOODLES! Which ever one you decide to do, eat pure and simple!
Cauliflower Sauce (print here )
1 medium to large cauliflower cut into florets
2 tbsp. olive oil or butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
Approx. 2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Sauté cauliflower in oil for about 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for another 1 minute
- Add broth and bring to boil
- Simmered, covered, until cauliflower is tender. Do not drain
- Add cauliflower pieces to blender and purée, adding the broth slowly until desired thickness and consistency
- Add salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and mix until combined
- Serve on sweet potato gnocchi (recipe on blog) or zoodles/ spaghetti squash noodles.